Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Saturday 24 September 2011

Growing My Business

Well it is 2.30 on a sunny Saturday afternoon and I have been sat staring a the computer since 11.00. Poor me! In a constant attempt to the 'grow the business' (apparently that's what it's called) I am researching exactly where I can get my grubby hands on in terms of Tourist Information Centres etc. I have a little confession to make. When I was at the PAWF meeting the other week they kept saying T.I.C and I had no clue what on earth it meant. As it was being so freely used I could only think that absolutely everyone else in the room knew what it meant. I found out at a much later date and had to laugh as I thought it was something way more exciting than Tourist Information Centre. I was only slightly disappointed.
My sister has introduced me to the joy of Napster. If you are into music you will need to make it your mission to find out how to get Napster if you don't already have it. It is absolute genius.
The gallery has been fairly busy today but no sales as yet. I am a bit surprised as there is so much good stuff on show. Lots of positive feedback, so I am very happy about that.
You should check out the new stuff on the website I've uploaded some new pictures and testimonials. It only took me several hours. It's amazing your capacity to forget things you learn. Bare in mind it isn't that long ago since I made the website. but I suppose I have had a few sleeps and a few sherberts since then.
I am having an ongoing discussion with several creative people from artists to musicians. The question that is up for debate is; Are artistic/creative people  disorganized and generally a bit slack because it's what expected of them?, or is it because it because creative types are inherently disorganized because of their focus on all things arty?
I am very organized and I have an ever increasing intolerance for disorganization. I worry that this doesn't bode well for my future dealings with artists. I have mentioned on numerous occasions about how I like my lists. I cannot really understand how anyone who has more than one thing to do in a day gets by without them. I still manage to forget things even though I write lists.
I have written to the local council today with the hope of getting the gallery mentioned on their 'Visit Dorset' website. I hope that they go for it. I need all the publicity I can get.
I am going to call it a day. Just to say for those of you that read regularly, I am still waiting for the go ahead on the other blog. More hours in front of the computer to look forward to.
I hope that you are all enjoying the late summer/autumn sun and I'll see you back here on Monday. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment