Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 26 September 2011

Laughed So Much I Cried!

It Made Me Laugh

It's official I have got the gallery name on to every social networking thing I can find. I have spent about three hours creating a Facebook page that does a bit more than just show wall posts so check it out.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/LArtishe-Gallery-and-Studio/139294739466476

Try it and see what you think. It is supposed to be a bit similar to my website but not the same. No doubt I will continue to tweak it over the next few days. I welcome any feedback that you can offer.
I can't quite believe how many opportunities there are to get yourself noticed on the internet. I am exploring every single one of them.
This does mean that I am spending rather a lot of time on the computer. I am dying to get going with some of my work but a good friend who owns his own business said to me 'spend at least one hour a day trying to grow your business'. Hours have turned into weeks but let's face it if it means that I can stay open for years to come then it will all be a good investment.
I am pleased that I have worked my way through my list of things to and there is only one thing left which I can safely leave until tomorrow.
I am going to try and repaint the front of the gallery this week as the weather promises to be good. The good news is that means me up a ladder with a paintbrush in my hand. I bet you can guess just how excited I am about the prospect of that.
I had one of the funniest weekends, I went to a comedy show that was part of the Comedy Festival. There were three comedians, an english man, an irish man and a scottish man. Seriously funny people, I laughed so much I spent most of the time wiping tears from my eyes.
If you are local to Swanage and haven't attended the brilliant Comedy Festival you are really missing a treat. It's definitely money and time well spent.
Then last night I went to see Alan Carr at the BIC in Bournemouth, he was hilarious. If he's coming to a venue near you you should check his new show out.
Gallery news has been pretty much been covered as I have told and shown you what I have been up to.
So if you are planning on visiting Swanage this week in the predicted last blast of summer you'll see me up a ladder on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment