Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 4 February 2013

Come and See Josh Hollingshead!


I have to say a big thank you to all the people that came to support Josh Hollingshead on Saturday night. It was a great PV, really well attended and the food was fantastic. So thanks to 'Tasty' for supplying yummy canapés. I would like to recommend that particular business as not only is it great, but it caters for vegetarians, vegans and makes gluten free food as well.
I will be using them for my own exhibition in March, so if you are coming to that you can taste for yourselves.

At the very beginning of the PV a few of us had a rare treat, Josh talked us through many of his paintings, pointing out the hidden meanings and also explaining the narrative. I feel like I understand his work a lot better now. That is why it pays to attend Private Views as you get a little bit more than on the average day at the gallery. Doesn't mean that you shouldn't come and see the exhibition anyway because of course you should.

I want you to keep your eyes open as I will be videoing this exhibition and posting it on line.
(I say that but whether it actually happens or not will be largely down to my technical abilities).
They are fairly poor to say the least.

I am trying to get used to having Monday off as opposed to Wednesday, I have to say I think that I preferred Wednesday but if I want to have any kind of life outside of work then I had change accordingly.

My friend Tara, introduced me to Pinterest, I might be newly addicted. I have created a virtual gallery on there and I love looking at the staggering amount of good quality art on there. There are some truly gifted people out there and I would love to exhibit their work.
I am going to make it my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment