Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Looking Doesn't Cost A Thing!




Teaching means that blogging takes a back seat. I was at Mount Scar Primary School and I taught U3 some printmaking techniques. It was a great day and I'm still in awe of how bright kids can be. They are so easy to get excited about learning something new.
Having spent many years teaching disillusioned teenagers you forget that if you get them young enough they are like sponges. Excitable sponges!

The current show is still doing well, there have been plenty of people through the door and the feedback has been good.
The Mike Griffiths drawing has definitely proved a talking point. It is always good to have people come and discuss the work on the walls. It means they are actually looking.
You might think that everyone who steps inside a gallery will look at the work, you would be wrong. The average length of a visitor is anything from 1 minute to 30 minutes with everything in between. What can someone really see in a gallery with sometimes up to 50+ images or objects in under 5 minutes? The answer is not much but many visitors only spend 1-5 minutes in the gallery.

Just remember looking is free.

Teaching again tomorrow so Shirley is standing in for me. I'm off to Wareham. I wonder what wonderful work they will produce.

I am always busy so I just don't understand people who are bored. I generally have to stop when I cannot continue any further.


No comments:

Post a Comment