Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 16 January 2012

Wobble On Carefully!

Does Anyone Know What They're Doing?

Who can guess what I've been doing today? I know you will struggle but I dropped a few hundred clues in the last couple of blogs about what chore I would repeatedly be doing. Give up yet? It starts with a 'p' and ends with a 'g', sounds like panting but isn't. I know you know, I have painted the gallery today I have only done the white as as the black will get dusty if I do it before I do the rest of the work that needs to be done.
It smells all fresh painty in the gallery. My arm only aches a little bit now but I can guarantee that by tomorrow it will be throbbing.
I have very nearly got rid of the work from the last show just a few bits still to be collected. They better get them soon as the gallery is all wet paint and dust again. I'll do my absolute best to keep them safe but I cannot be sure that it will be.
I had a good old wobble this morning as I was painting above my head on my shonky three step ladder. There were one or to full hand prints on to wet paint scenarios but other than that it was fairly painless.
Have I ever told you that I hate clearing up after painting. I keep telling you that I am borderline OCD and if cleaning was an olympic sport I would definitely be representing Britain this year. But when it comes to painting and decorating I have a a very well defined lazy cleaners muscle. Washing out rollers, can't be bothered can always by a new one, the same can be said of paint trays and do not get me started on gloss paint out of brushes. If there was a world record for how long you can leave a brush soaking in white spirit I sure I could be a contender for that too. Why am I so lazy? I have no concept of why I am all I know is that I am. I have all the best intentions but then just can't really be bothered to follow through.
If you have got jars half full of white spirit where the paint has actually formed a skin over the liquid and it is a particularly fetching shade of diarrhea brown then you'll know exactly what I am talking about.
Guess what I am going to be doing tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment