Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Saturday 6 October 2012

The Art Of Textiles Starts Today.

Jenni Cadman

I have been conspicuous by my absence. I have been up to the usual getting work hung, and price lists written and general housekeeping duties. The new show is now up and looks fantastic. It is a very diverse show with all the textile artists approaching their work with totally unique styles.
I can assure you that it is not just pretty patterns  they are serious works of art.
The artists involved are  Yvonne Morton, Jenni Cadman, Jane Colquhoun, Moira Searle, and Trisha Forshaw. They really are at the top of their game and are well respected within their field.
I am fighting a cold so I am sat here feeling sorry for myself. It is quite perturbing to know that I have still got the PV to get through later.
No one entered the competition to name the artists/paintings shown in Josh's Impossible Exhibition so I am guessing that I will have to win the bottle of wine. Excellent!
I have got some classes running next week, get in touch if you are interested. I am going to stop writing now as this has already taken me far too long.



No comments:

Post a Comment