Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Friday 12 October 2012

The Best Week Ever

Justin Smith

In so many ways this has been the best week ever at the gallery. I needed confirmation that I was doing the right thing, extending the lease that is. When you work on your own there isn't anyone to tell you that it's all going well and that you should persevere regardless. As if by magic so many great opportunities have presented themselves to me and all of them a positive move in the right direction for lots of reasons. Not to mention the positive feedback and sales from the current exhibition.
The textiles exhibition that is currently on, is the first that I have properly curated. I put the people together with a little help from my friends I must add.
People are saying that it is and I quote 'a beautifully balanced exhibition'. It helps that the artists that I have had the pleasure of working with have been fantastic in every way.
It has given me the confidence to start thinking about the next group show that I can get organised for next year.
I would like to approach some of the newer media artists. I am looking to buy a screen so that I can exhibit animation, digital art etc.
All in all, there are lots of exciting possibilities on the horizon that should mean that throughout 2013 there will be some great exhibitions.
It's not too late to get involved just get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment