Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Do Flies Go with that Paint?

Rob Marshall
Rob Marshall
I'm going to make this easy on myself by using this blog to introduce to other artists who I will be showing at the gallery. (Those of you who have been reading my blogs daily should know that I SO wanted to put the word SO at the start of this next sentence)
Starting with a good friend and very talented glass blower Rob Marshall. I hope you'll agree his work looks great. I am totally biased as one of my favourite things is blue glass. He's coming over to the gallery tomorrow to bring me some professional shots of his work. I'm really looking forward to it.

Claire Hincks
These elegant ceramic pieces are by Claire Hincks, she is currently studying for a Masters Degree in Ceramics but to be honest I can't imagine what they can teach her. She's been making gorgeous vessels for the last 15 years. I'm looking forward to seeing what she's been working on at the moment. 
I suppose you all want to know what I've been up to at the gallery today. Well, this morning I was running 'Sharon's C.V Clinic' and helping a friend pimp her C.V. Consequently, I think I might have few more clients lined up for C.V Pimpage. I then spent the rest of the day painting my newly revealed window. I have to say I think I'm a fairly patient person but today I was losing it for two different 
Claire Hincks
 reasons. The tedium of painting a vertical window frame with great big horizontal bars across it. Is beyond aggravating. Then there were the flies I mentioned yesterday. If you know me, you will know that I am soft, I will not kill another living thing if I can possibly help it. With one obvious exception 'WASPS' if it's them or me I'm afraid I will have to do everything in my power to obliterate the wasp. But, generally I try to keep everything I come into contact with alive. I'm a very talkative gardener as a result of this as I have to apologise to the numerous things I disturb while digging. I digress. Back to the flies I had the door and window open to try and encourage them to leave of their own accord which some did. Yay!! But then there were two, who were kamikaze flies who were on a mission to land in wet paint and then get stuck until I removed them and then they would fly back and get stuck again. I had to admit defeat and I know that tomorrow I will have to face two dead flies that I will have to prise off the newly dried window frame. R.I.P 
It's painting all the way for me tomorrow.  That and angry emails to several different electricity boards as the battle rumbles on.
I forgot to mention, when you open my blog there's something called Social Vibe that I've added. If you've got two or three minutes to spare you can for FREE raise $2.00 for my chosen charity which is Breast Cancer Awareness. I promise you it's FREE and it's for a really good cause. So (there it is) please take the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment