Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 4 October 2010

It was a day of two halves!


It's true! Even if your hand has given up the ghost and all manual labour is out of the window.....it is up to you to use your time productively. So here's a breakdown of what I did today and what Matt did today. You can make up your own minds as to who deserved a pint at the end of the day.
Me: Overslept until 9.15
Matt: Rudely awaken at 8.10 by Travis Perkins
Me: Contemplated getting up for at least 10 minutes
Matt: Told he needed to be at the gallery in 10 minutes to take delivery of 32 sheets of plaster board and 70ish bits of big skinny wood. I hope you will all appreciate that I used the correct technical terms.
Me: Flex my hand several times to test how much it hurts.
Matt: Hefts 32 sheets of plaster board from the other side of road to the gallery along with 70ish bits of big skinny wood.
Me: Text Matt to find out if delivery has arrived and make coffee and have breakfast.
Matt: Hefts 32 sheets of plaster board from the other side of road to the gallery along with 70ish bits of big skinny wood.
Me: Have a shower and make the foolish decision to wash my hair with my faulty hand. Big mistake. As I can't dry it as I can't hold hairdryer or brush.
Matt: Hefts 32 sheets of plaster board from the other side of road to the gallery along with 70ish bits of big skinny wood.
Me: Reply to Matts text saying I'll be there v. soon.
Matt: Hefts 32 sheets of plaster board from the other side of road to the gallery along with 70ish bits of big skinny wood.
Me: Pick up wrong screws, swap for right screws, feel guilty because Matt has hefted 32 sheets of plaster board from the other side of road to the gallery along with 70ish bits of big skinny wood, before I'd even left the house.
Matt: Waits for me and probably does several jobs that I don't even realise while I swap the screws.
Me: Get back and moan about my cack hand whilst Matt works.
Matt: Smiles politely and carries on working.
Me: Set up broadband!! Hurray, it's so simple when you READ THE BLOODY INSTRUCTIONS!!!!
Matt: Humours me when I do the Victory Dance
Me: Go out and buy Guilt Appeasers for Matt in the shape of Quavers, Iced Fingers, Coffee and Coke.
Matt: Willingly receives my gifts.
Me: Spent too long on the Internet, buy wrong drill bit then go back and get the right drill bit that was very expensive. :(
Matt: Works really hard ad infinitum!
Me: Fill my time drawing glasses into the whited out windows.
Now you have heard the two outcomes who do you think deserved the reward of a pint at the end of the day?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment