Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Friday 15 October 2010

Will You Hear My Confession?


I meant to go, I really did. Have you ever pulled a 'Sickie' when you've been perfectly ok? I'm sure at least one person reading this has done that. What I did today was kind of like that but as I'm the Boss I won't be giving myself a disciplinary. I might dock my imaginary pay though. I just needed a change of routine and to do something that used my brain in a more creative way, rather than painting one layer of paint over another.
I thought about all the other non painting related things I could do instead. Like have a bath, design my plinths and workbench, work on my marketing strategy, whilst staying clean and without a paintbrush in my hand. I'm afraid that is exactly what I have done today. I have worked out how to make my workbench multi functional and easy to move. I am hoping that I will be able to engage the help of some friends who are far better at woodwork/carpentry than be to help me make it. I also have looked at how to get my Blog out there to a wider audience. That's a job in itself. There have been books written about this, no, really! The amount of Web articles about it, is staggering I managed to read two before I realised that they both basically said the same thing. Ironically, I had already figured out some of the points raised and have been doing them anyway.
The other thing that I achieved today was writing an up to date 'List of Things To Do'. Needless to say there are several jobs that involve paint and there are several more that involve spending money. Another fun week at the gallery then. I have some fun jobs to do to break up the boredom though. A little carpet tugging, some plastic drawer cleaning, a bit of visiting the dump, with just a few hundred hours of painting.
Feel free to come join me any time you like.
I know I'm moaning, but the results are starting to look great. Those of you who watched the virtual tour could see that there are are now no remnants of the Bike Shop left. The end is in sight so I guess I'm just getting impatient. Thanks for the comments about my voice I still think it sounds strange but I've had it for 40 years so I can't go changing to try and please me!

No comments:

Post a Comment