Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Friday 1 October 2010

When is a Bike Shop not a Bike Shop? When it's a Gallery!

The first thing you should know is that I'm over doing todays blog already! The format has changed and putting pictures on is painful. Whinge, moan, whinge, moan! The first picture is of my newly laminated office. It was a team effort, Matt provided the brains, Lisa and myself provided the wiggle. Between us we laid the floor. Wiggling is a technical term when laminating.
It took us 5 hours and we only made a few major blunders. I am now fairly convinced that the person who put down my poorly laid laminate floor, at home, needs some further tuition. A great big thanks to Matt and Lisa for working through their shattiness to achieve a beautiful finished floor.
I told you about my friendly neighbour who wanted to make ' a drama out of a staircase'. You will now need to know what happened next in ' Windowenders'  Not only do I have to frost the windows but I am not 'allowed' to open the window, because of the noise.
What NOISE?? I grant you we are making a Hell of a racket at the moment because we are renovating the space but when we are done, I'll be keeping the raving to the bare minimum. Tha' lady she loco loco!!
Someone should tell her that I am well known for my rebellious streak and if you say I can't, I blatantly will. Bring it on!
The other picture is of the front of MY gallery. Look, no sign. It's official, it's a gallery not a bike shop.
The walls are going up on Monday so I need to get on a get the ceiling ordered. I am so ahead of schedule that it is looking likely that I will be open before Christmas. I'm very excited about that. So all the artists who keep promising to get me pictures of their work to me...........Now is the time.
I'm going to be at the gallery tomorrow I'll be clearing the decks, ready for Matt to get started on Monday.
I'm sorry if my blog has been short on laughs today but I'm shattered and my funny bone is bruised and won't work properly!
Until tomorrow.......


No comments:

Post a Comment