Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Friday 29 October 2010

Panic on The Streets of Swanage



I'm starting to get used to being responsible for two premises, but only just. I often wake up late at night with a rapid heartbeat and sweaty hands, and the thought that dominates my mind is 'Did I remember to lock the door?' This happens with my car too so I think that the minute I'm responsible for anything, I need to have panic attacks about them.
I have been doing my admin again today so it means that I am sat clickety clicking on my laptop. I am trying to go on a spending go slow as I have spent soooooooo much in the last two weeks that I am having panic attacks about that too. But spending is a necessary evil if I ever intend to get the gallery open and half as cool as I want it to be.
This means that I research everything to the nth degree as I want to get it at the best possible price. I'm sure that there are other people out there who do the same. If you are one of them, I can empathise with the tedium that you go through and the jubilation that you feel when you save a couple of pounds or get a total bargain.
I have got to go shopping for guess what? Starts with a P and ends with a T. Matt has revealed that under my the carpet on what I am calling my 3D stage there's a lovely wooden floor. It needs a little bit of work but with that and a lick of paint I think it's going to look great.
I have decided that I much prefer wood to carpet but at the moment it's all I can afford. I am going to have to find a carpet fitter that doesn't want to fleece me or lay a carpet as good as I can. Which is code for 'really badly'.
The more I am a business owner the more I think that I don't like people, more precisely business people. They are on my case everyday trying to get money out of me. I told a woman yesterday who was trying to sell me something that I had 27p in my bank account, she said 'that's 27p more than me, and the advertising space I'm trying to sell you is at a very reasonable rate'. What do you say to someone like that? Give her the dial tone is what you do!
I also think that I am going to work my way backwards from 'you're lying and I don't trust you' to get to the truth behind the lies. It's a dog eat dog world and I'm a borderline vegetarian, so this canine carnivorous diet is giving me a metaphorical stomach ache.
I am going to go and buy some paint and I will let you guess the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment