Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 19 October 2010

There's a Reason the Word Numbers Starts with the Word Numb!


All those numbers probably add up to what I have had to spend today.
Isn't it funny that when you have the least money to spend, you inevitably end up spending the most. Welcome to my world. I have been ordering up a storm today. I am now the new owner of eight boxes of ceiling tiles, four clear ceiling tiles and other rather mundane gallery related objects. On the plus side I have not had a paintbrush in my hand all day. I haven't managed my D.I.Y plinth build yet as I have had to do my personal admin today. Yes, a job that should have taken an hour at most has taken the best part of the day. I blame the maths. Thank God for my iPhone with it's handy converter app. Everything seems to be available in such a range of sizes, feet, millimetres, centimetres and inches. No two places I've used today used the same measurements. A brilliant amount of maths later and it is all ordered.
Another thing that I don't quite understand is why isn't VAT just added to everything? I want it there in the first place, I don't want to get to the checkout and have a mini seizure when hit with VAT and stupid amount of carriage. Apparently, all the people I need to buy stuff from love the idea of my petit mals. I should be opening a courier business as that totally seems to be where the money is at.
I am also happy to report that the gloss that wouldn't dry has now dried and looks great. The only thing I can think of is that the grease was so imbedded into the surface, that even after sugar soaping and sanding it still repelled the paint. I told you before that it was far too greasy.
I haven't been able to get hold of any of her pictures to put on here but Maria is a friend of mine who produces some fantastic work. If you're interested you can check out her website www.elegantroad.com I would definitely recommend you have a look. I am hoping to give her, her own show next year.
I finally get to see my website page thingy on Thursday. I'm very excited. You should be too. So, Im going to eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow I paint and build plinth!

1 comment:

  1. You should have done the Key Skills putting up a gallery number pack we made your students do - then you wouldn't be surprised by all the VAT, and what is SO very, you would also be able to work out 15%! (Laugh like Nelson)

    ReplyDelete