Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Saturday 30 October 2010

Everything's Just Peachy!


Doing so much D.I.Y comes at a price. Firstly, there's the whole perpetual painty hands, dirty nails, annoying cuts which are small but painful all of this is swiftly followed by achey hands. Then there's the numerous bruises. I have skin like a ripe peach, (that's a lovely bit of imagery for you) unfortunately not in the smooth and firm way. In the touch me and I'll bruise way. It's a curse as I also have a weird illness that interferes with my spatial awareness which means I'm constantly walking into door frames, corners etc. This coupled with my recent epic D.I.Y mission has meant that I am covered in bruises from head to toe. Just kneeling on a solid floor bruises my knees, I am currently sporting the same kind of bruises I got as a child when I tried to get involved in group skipping activities. The ones where a catchy ditty is sung and you have to run in and start skipping immediately. I was rubbish at those, multitasking may be a skill I have now acquired but as a child singing and skipping was beyond me.
I had to go to the gallery today as my plasterer was coming to look at the walls so I thought I might as well make myself useful. I painted my door, the step and the new frame. I also cleaned everything down as Matt had generously provided me a nice thick coating of dust. With friends like that......
The thing I was most excited about and most scared about at the same time was my glass brick wall. I had the grand unveiling today. I thought it might fall down as soon as I removed the supporting board but wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles it stayed up and it looks great.


I just have to do the other side and then it will be all finished. I've got a busy week ahead as I need to get all the tidying up jobs done so that the office and workshop are completely finished. I will write myself a list of things to do and carry on as normal.
I hope you're all having a great weekend. I'm going to a fancy dress Halloween Party and I'm guessing it's about time I thought about my costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment