Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Saturday 3 March 2012

Telephonophobia! It Does Exist!


First things first! This morning whilst waiting for the hairdryer to cool down and trying to multitask generally my work phone rang.  Two things about that, firstly I had to pat myself on the back for not having it on silent and secondly who was phoning me on a Saturday morning when I was due at work within the hour.
I am always a little cautious when I answer my work phone as I'm lame like that. It was Sheila Girling!!! I am surprised I managed to get two words out. I am still in awe and shock that she will be showing at the gallery. She's coming to see me on Monday. Those of you who actually know me, can you guess what my first thought was? If you've been following my blog for any length of time I think you could also hazard an educated guess.
I best get down there and clean was the thought that flew into my head. Not that I need an excuse but......within minutes of arriving at the gallery I was on my hands and knees cleaning the floor. I've dusted, hoovered and generally tidied round and it looks all lovely.
I thought I had better get this written now as I'm only at work for another hour.
This time next week it will be the eve of my 42nd birthday. Where has all of that time gone? I think that that the last two years only took about 6 months to pass. Seriously, people say that as get older time speeds up. People are right. Curiously, I'm also convinced that nights have got shorter. I don't think for one minute I am going to become one those people who as they get older sleep less and less. If that does happen it will not be through choice.
I am hoping that my choice of birthday present will get me lifelong membership into the 'Nerdy Geek Squad'. I really want a USB microscope. I want to look at things close up. I hope that I am not preempting some need for glasses to see small stuff as grow more decrepit. Although I always wanted to be a glasses wearer, don't ask me why. I was suitably bullied at school without adding glasses in to the equation. Maybe I was already embracing my inner nerd.
I hope that you have a great weekend planned. Don't forget there is the Blues Festival in Swanage and the weather over here at the moment is looking pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment