Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Can You Settle An Argument?

Gallery Versus Shop

Am I being a snob? I'm going to let you decide. Is it wrong that I get ever so slightly annoyed when people ask me how the shop is going? I want to reply that I wasn't aware that I  had a shop as well as a gallery. Now is that snobbery? It is technically a shop that sells art right? Maybe I just like to think of it as a 'gallery' that sells art. Does that make me snob? Answers on the back of a postcard please.
It has been a while since I took the time to bother you with any of my observations. It's all I can do get my blog written some days.
I have managed to successfully procrastinate about painting the front of the gallery for at least two weeks now. I am seriously in danger of putting myself in exactly the same position that I was in last year. In freezing temperatures, up a ladder with palpitations and frost bitten fingers trying to paint in a straight line. What is it they say about learning from your mistakes. Apparently, I'm of the twice bitten variety. I am half joking I will get it done before we are plunged into the predicted freezing temperatures. I better get a move on because according to the news that could happen by the end of the week.
So yesterday I was talking about the Macmillan Charity Bash that is happening this Friday at Fortes in Swanage. If you like dance music there are some very good DJs lined up to play there.
All monies raised will go to the Macmillan Charity, a very worthy cause.
Today I want to publicize something very different. If you are into art then there is a good chance that you might well be into music and theatre.
The Swanage 50/50 Club is trying to broaden our cultural horizons via comedy, cinema, music and theatre. I am happy to say that I am a member (very nearly) of this excellent cause. The idea is to regenerate the very underused Mowlem and create almost a centre for arts and culture. If you are local check out the link and I'm sure you will agree that it is just what Swanage needs and will be as excited as I am about the prospect of having a venue for bands, comedians and theatre groups to come and entertain us in.

swanage5050club.co.uk

Have a look and if you think it's something that you are interested in then show them your support, it does not have to financial. The more people who support it and say that we want it the more likely it is to happen.
It's a long, dark and cold winter wouldn't it be nice to have something to do locally to brighten up those evenings?
I have not achieved a great deal today, this is partly due to the fact that I have been engrossed in some of the most interesting conversations I've had in quite some time. I can deal with those kind of distractions.
But now I must get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment