Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 3 October 2011

I Had A Good One, Did You?

Kimmeridge

I don't know about you but I had a really good weekend outside in the sun for a nice large chunk of it. I attended the Boilerhouse Gallery Soiree on Saturday evening. It was really good, a nice informal way of meeting the artists and look at their new work. This was followed by a great tapas meal at the Bankes Arms in Corfe.
So there you go, there are two activities that you can do when you are next in Corfe. Visit the great Boilerhouse Gallery and Studios then have a tasty meal at the Bankes Arms.
I spent Sunday at Kimmeridge and for once the 'sun' in Sunday was exactly spot on. I ventured in the sea and did some snorkeling but the visibility wasn't very good. But the good news is that my wetsuit banished the cold and I did not freeze to death as I have in the past when I have foolishly got in the sea in England.
Whilst at the Boilerhouse on Saturday Jan Dagley and I had a great idea for an open exhibition for some time next year. It will be artists impressions of Kimmeridge. The idea isn't to reproduce some picture perfect version of what it looks like but a piece of work that is inspired by the place. I think that would be a great show to put on for next summer. It could take any form and be produced in whatever media. If this sounds like something that you might want to be involved in then you need to get in touch with me and let me know so that I can add you to the mailing list for the application form.
It will also give those of you who have never been to Kimmeridge an excellent excuse to visit and get inspired.
The gallery has been a bit busier today which is a relief as I know there's plenty of opportunities for it to be quiet in the long, dark winter months so let's look at art whilst the sun shines.
I am really going to try and get people to start thinking globally instead of locally. I am seeing so much potential locally that I think that the whole world should know about. By the whole world I mean that laterally at least the whole of England.
I want to encourage creative people to share and spread the wealth. The more the artistic community does to help each other the more chances there are of everyone being successful. If there are events going on at your studio let everyone know. I am always more than happy to give events a mention in my blog but I have to know about it.
Now it is time for lunch so I am off.

No comments:

Post a Comment