Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Thursday 15 December 2011

Brrrrrrrrr!! It's A Bit Chilly


I have two more days of work and then I'm off. I cannot wait. There is a wind blowing outside that is so cold that it chills you to the bone in seconds. I've got all my heaters on full blast and I'm not boiling.
In theory I could actually clean the windows again today but I think I'm going to leave it until Saturday so they will be nice and clean for Shirley.
I am closing up early today as I have a list of things to do as long as my arm. It doesn't help that not one gallery visitor has darkened the door. Well, that's not entirely true. There have been a few but not enough to keep me away from the list of must do today jobs.
The gallery will be open as usual in my absence so please do come and visit, it's not too late to grab yourself a great piece of art and get it wrapped up for that special someone, that could be you!
I have a pile of Christmas cards to get delivered but I've already told you that I don't want to hand them over in person. So I'm going to be a late night post woman.
I hope that you have got all your festive arrangements arranged, it's still quite a baffling experience for me. I think I've finished and then I remember that I've forgotten someone or something.
I read an interesting article about this woman whose parents could not afford to buy them Christmas presents so they just didn't bother. They still don't many years later and she says that they enjoy quality time as a family without the stress of buying presents.
As a late comer to Christmas I kind of see where she is coming from.
I read an article about a 13 year old whose letter to Santa threatened to kill him and feed his reindeers to the homeless if she didn't get a Blackberry phone. How disappointed she would be if it was up to me, she would probably just get a blackberry.
Who says the true meaning of Christmas is not alive and well?

No comments:

Post a Comment