Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Saturday 26 March 2011

They Came, They Showed, They Rocked!


In just two days the gallery was transformed into a professional showcase of student work. From the feedback that I have been getting today I think the people think the work is outstanding. There are a few people that are attracting a lot of interest. All I'm going to say is that I could have sold a certain piece of blue glass twice over today. I have someone so interested that he is going to come back to see if the said artist has changed their mind. Enough said!
 It all went very smoothly and I have to thank the students for their great tidy up as they went along approach. There were just a couple of glasses and a quick nip round with the hoover (which I loved) and I was on my way to the pub. I should also thank them for the lovely card and bottle of wine. It has been my pleasure and I hope that I will be working with them again in the future.
My day has gone fairly quickly, considering the sun decided to take an early bath. The traffic through the door has been fairly constant. I have had my best greeting smile and banter head on and the general consensus has been that the work is of a very high standard, beautifully presented.
I have been filling my time drawing and watching highbrow art programmes that I'd like to thank my friend Dennis for putting me on to. Docuwatch.com, if you are an uber geek like me and like to watch mind stretching programmes you can fill your boots at this website.
The end of another work day is nigh and I have got to attend a Hen Night tonight, I have to be honest and admit that I'm not a huge fan of these grossly overrated events. Before you shake your head and think I'm a grumpy old cow it's more to do with an aversion to pink and large collections of women in a confined space screeching with alcohol induced laughter. Ok, it's true I'm a grumpy old cow! 
Go on, enjoy your Saturday night and I'll be back on Monday with the pictures that Murray is going to take of the show tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment