Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 18 March 2013

Met Brian Rice Today

Brian Rice

Today I went off roading in my new mini! If you think that I meant to do it you would be wrong. I went to visit the artist Brian Rice in his very rural home. It is a beautiful spot but narrow winding lanes mean that it is quite an interesting journey. My car is suitably mud splattered and I tested my brakes quite thoroughly.

Enough of that boring stuff, the real reason I am writing a blog on my day off is because I met Brian Rice today.
It is so strange to meet the artist behind works that you have admired for years. I am pleased to say that he is as lovely as his work. The question is how do you select an exhibition from a body of work that on the whole you like the majority of? I think you are just going to have to wait and see. Suffice to say it will be a fantastic cross section from the last 20 or so years, including paintings, prints and some mixed media images.
I know I have said it before, but you can't imagine the buzz you get from having access to an artists entire body of work. Seeing the very first image they ever produced and the very last and all that went on in between. It is awe inspiring.
I didn't even get to see Jacy Walls textiles, so I decided to invite myself back to look at that at a later date.

A gentle reminder that the last day of entry for the drawing open exhibition was today. I hope that you have paid and displayed? You know I am flexible so it's not too late but you must let me know as soon as possible.

I sold three more pieces at the weekend so that means that I have sold over quarter of the exhibition so far. Still time to sell some more though, please come and see it if you haven't already. If you travel some distance I will reward you with tea and biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment