Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 23 May 2011


An early blog today as it would seem that many people made the effort to visit the gallery yesterday and were disappointed at it not being open. For that I apologize. What I want to assure people of is that next weekend I will be open Saturday, Sunday and Monday. It is very difficult being a team of one as there are only ever two hands on deck.
I am happy that there has been a positive start to the PAW fortnight. In this time when all of the arts are under threats of murderous cuts it's refreshing to see that the public will continue to support events and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the arts are a necessary part of our existence. It is a shame that the powers that be don't cast an eye over the country and notice that people are interested and the role that the arts play in our everyday lives.
I have a few reminders as usual, the talk with Vivienne Light and Jim Hunter will be taking place this Thursday evening starting at 7.00 at the gallery. It should be enlightening, there will be wine and nibbles so please come along. The event is ticketed but free so I will add the link to make it easier for you access them.
www.purbeckartweeks.co.uk
There will be a Private View on Saturday 28th June from 6.00 - 8.00.
Submissions for the Abstract Open need to be in by Monday 6th June at the latest if not sooner.
I am going to make it my mission to take the PAW tour on my day off as I am totally intrigued to see the work of the artists that I have met since opening the gallery.
You could do worse things next weekend than visit Swanage and the surrounding areas with a PAW pamphlet and an eye for culture. It would definitely qualify as time well spent. All venues are well signposted with the yellow sign that is illustrating this blog. Very hard to miss.
I hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment