Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 30 May 2011

They Are Not Stupid Questions!



Do you think the depth of a canvas is an indication of the calibre of an artist?
Should canvasses be painted on the edges or left au naturel with incidental paint splodges?
Do you find big artist signatures distracting?
Is it alright to like a piece of art just because it is nice?
These are just some of the questions that I find myself pondering when sat in the gallery. Please do not assume that I know the answers as I do not. I am still pondering them and I may never know.
I think that we were spoilt the bank holiday before the last wedding one as this one is rubbish with a capital R for rain as well as rubbish.
I have been open for 20 minutes and have already had more people through the door than on an average weekday. I am going to write this blog in two halves. Just so that you can get a picture of the whole day as opposed to just first 20 minutes of it.
It is now the last 20 minutes of the day. I was tempted to close early as it is dismal weather and I was sure that everyone who would have wanted to see the show would have been and gone by now. How wrong can you be. There has been a last minute dash it would seem and I've had more visitors in these last few moments of opening than the last two hours with about 15 visitors to the gallery.
I have spent the afternoon drawing and watching my thrillers having a whale of a time. I'm just reading what I have written so far and it's made me smile to see how many times I have written 20 minutes.
Opening again tomorrow so I'll meet you back here then!

No comments:

Post a Comment