Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Sunday 29 May 2011

Holdin' Foldin' Price Lists Apparently


Another very busy day at the gallery. Plenty of people through the door and absolutely no window smudgers in sight.
I have to admit that a late night followed by having to work is not my favourite thing in the world but I know that ultimately it is a necessary evil. Evil may well be over egging the pudding it's actually been fun.
I have been reading up on my card machine as I am hoping to actually get the chance to use it in the not too distant future.
It has only ever been switched on twice in its life just test whether it worked and to print the test receipt out.
This exhibition has exposed a new medical condition to me. It is called 'pricelistostealia'. This is when people come to a gallery with the express purpose of price list acquiring in mind. The optimist in me hopes that it is because they are going to away and have a really good think about buying a piece of work. My very tiny pessimist monkey whispers that they in fact are having a secret paper airplane competition and the price list paper is exactly the right weight for plane that will loop the loop.
I am in the final stages of my first ever Sunday at the gallery and although I hate to admit and believe me I really hate to admit it as it could potentially negatively impact on my weekend life that I have come to know and love. It has been really successful. I would say that there have been as many people without the PAW brochures as with them. Which could mean that people do like to mooch and pop into galleries on a Sunday which is great. But I do not relish the thought of losing my day of rest.
I hope that you are all enjoying your Bank Holiday and in exactly 25 minutes I'm going go and enjoy mine until I'm back here at 12.00 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment