Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Friday 27 April 2012

To Err is Human.......To Forgive Divine!



I'm over the worst of it! That's just the cold. Today has been really busy already with 10 people through  the door within the first hour. That is a very good Friday.
I didn't call  this blog 'The Trials and Tribulations of owning a Gallery' for no reason. There lots of pros involved with running your own business and I'm the first person to tell you that it is great. The biggest con is that the buck stops with you. If there is a problem then it is all down to you to sort it out. No hiding behind other people.
I am hoping that I have sorted it out only time will tell. As you may have seen I will be opening for the next ten days without a day off. This is the resolution to the problem so if you feel like popping in and seeing the show then you will be able to do so on numerous occasions.
I will also be doing a late night opening on Saturday 5th May so there will be a chance to catch the current exhibition before it finishes.
I am looking forward to the INKA Printmakers exhibition. It will be the first solely printmaking exhibition I will have had at the gallery. As a printmaker that makes me happy.
I am excited about an exhibition that I am going to organize for next year. It will be a bit controversial (I have to let you into a secret, I could not spell that word for love nor money I had to look it up). I blame the cold. Isn't it funny that it's really difficult to look up the spelling of a word that you're not sure how to spell. I was using the internet as opposed to a dictionary so that's probably why.
Anyway, I digress I am hoping to exhibit the sculptor Robin Beuscher next year at the gallery. Some of you might have caught him at the Red Orb Sculpture exhibition last year. His work is brilliant and thought provoking and it will be the first time it will be seen in a gallery setting. Not for the faint hearted.
I best get on and do something more productive than writing my blog.
Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment