Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 2 April 2012

You Wanna Be Starting Something!


This is one of Jans' Paintings

Isn't it typical that there is no such thing as popping into the gallery for five minutes. I am still here and many more minutes have passed. I am being tracked down by a journalist who wants to interview me. I am not sure that I really want to be interviewed. It's about PAW and that remains a sore point with me. On a more positive note I have just sold another 3 pictures. Well I have to say that makes it worth it. Wendy has done both of us proud.
What you may or may not realize but the first bit was written on Saturday and now it is Monday. Remarkably, I sold one more piece that day so all in all a very profitable 'pop'.
Yesterday I hung the new exhibition, Jan Dagleys fantastic new work. Wow, is all I can say. The scale of some of it is quite breathtaking. It will never cease to amaze me how each artists work transforms the gallery in a totally different way.
The air is full of the smell of fresh oil paint that is how new some of Jans paintings are. They are really new. It's already getting some really positive feedback.
I have high hopes for this exhibition as I know how good it is.
I am hoping that this week I will get time to do some of my own work as has been a while since I picked up a pencil or anything else. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment