Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 15 November 2010

The P*ss Coat Explained!


Well today was one of an immense amount of painting and practically nothing else. I should explain for those of you who do not know what the piss coat is, exactly what it is. It's a very watered down layer of emulsion paint that you have to paint on fresh plaster to seal it. You can then paint your proper paint over the top. It's the name that builders give it so I'm not just being offensive for no good reason.
I am aching now, having painted 30+ metres of wall today. I have been paintastic! But as you will have seen from my earlier blog it looks great. I am very pleased with how it looks. There's some fine tuning to do and a second coat on two of the three walls. I am confident that I can get it done tomorrow, providing my hand doesn't drop off in my sleep. It might you know.
Okay, there is always something that happens to keep me on my toes. Last week it was Phil turning up and doing the walls. This week it would appear that it's the turn of my carpet fitters. I was told it would be 2 week wait minimum. Apparently that's not actually the case and they are coming on Friday which means that I have to paint my backside off between now and then.
My sign man Jason is working on a mock up of my sign which I can't wait to see. The fantastic Neil @ Deshok.com has also finished my website so altogether  very productive day.
My dinner is ready and I really cannot type anymore, my poor hands need a rest. Let me know what you think of the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment