Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Sunday 7 November 2010

What a Load of Rubbish!!



I told you that my gallery adventure today was going to the dump. What I may not of told you is that you're not allowed to dump industrial waste. I had to cunningly disguise it as household rubbish. This meant that I had a fun 30 minutes in the week practising my karate kicks as I made big things small enough to fit in black bin bags.
I enjoyed myself, there's something very satisfying about constructive destruction.
I also forgot to mention about my ceiling...... I'm replacing the ceiling tiles to give it a new lease of life. The frame is solid but FILTHY. I had an idea that I would spray paint it black and that would be the job done. I have since done the maths. I would spend just under £100 on spray paint. No way Jose`!! I haven't got that kind of cash. What I do have in abundance is time. So armed with some Hammerite paint, 2.5 tonnes of patience, latex gloves, a hat and goggles. I am going to attempt to paint it by hand. I am already anticipating the stiff neck and the sweating and swearing that will take place. If you are a local reader please pop in and take a picture of of me as I'm rubbish at taking pictures of myself.
Whilst you're all going about your days tomorrow think of me embracing my inner girl, up a ladder painting above my head for what I think will be the entire day.
So what with being up a ladder, using toxic(ish) paint, on my own all day and working above my head be warned that tomorrows blog, may well be the ranting of a black paint bespeckled, slightly hysterical gallery owner.
I don't think that the word bespeckled is an actual word but I like it. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment