Home Is Where The Art Is

If you are an artist, a lover of art then I hope that I can inspire you to do what you love.

Monday 1 November 2010

To Assume makes an Ass out of you and me.

Mmm...Nice Ass!

Today has been about sorting things out. I called this blog the trials and tribulations of becoming a gallery owner for a good reason. I have never owned my own business and I was sure that if my life in general was anything to go by it was going to be anything but plain sailing. Finding the right people to do certain jobs, dealing with people as professionals whether they are friends or not. Speaking your mind when the outcome could cause upset. Becoming an ostrich because of fear of confrontation. Today I learnt that you cannot assume anything and that people can surprise you. I think that's all I need to say about that. If you can take anything away from my experience it's better to be honest and assume nothing.
I was on my own at the gallery today and I won't bore you with the details because they really are boring. I painted for 5 hours straight. I wanted to give you another virtual tour today but as I didn't make it to the gallery until 12.00. I felt that I needed to make a concerted effort to make the most of the day.
I'm all out of sync now that the clocks have gone back. I am a huge fan of daylight and would rather have more than less. For at least two weeks I will keep reminding myself of what the time used to be before the change as if it will make some kind of difference. It doesn't, and people quickly tire with me saying 'it's only ? o'clock really'. Who can blame them. Maybe it's because I'm on the spectrum and I can't accept change as readily as others.
For those of you with a proper job, as I used to, it's the going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark that makes it really depressing.
For my friends who live in Swanage and work in Bournemouth, they have the additional pleasure of the ferry being off for the next month and on the only road out of Swanage there's road works. Double whammy!
Tomorrow I will leave the house at a sensible time and get another video shot. I have feeling that I have another day of painting ahead of me. Which I'll admit doesn't fill me with joy. I am going to try and punctuate the day with other jobs that do not involve a paintbrush.
I think Matt is back with me tomorrow so I'm hoping that I can all the stuff that needs to be on the walls, on the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment